• A blood donation session will be held at Gozo General Hospital Outpatients Department today from 8am to 1.30pm.
• The annual general meeting of the Gozo Philatelic Society will take place at Il-Ħaġar Museum, St George’s Square, Victoria, today at 9.30am.
• The feast of St Anthony the Abbot will be celebrated in Xagħra today. Gozo Bishop Mario Grech will celebrate Mass at 9am. The Victory Band will play marches at 9.45am. The saint’s statue will be taken out of the church at 10.15am to St Anthony Square, where horses will be blessed by archpriest Carmelo Refalo. A horse défilé will follow in St Joseph and Church streets. Activities will be held in the square from 11am to 1pm. The procession will leave the parish church at 4.30pm. Mgr Grech will bless animals and pets in St Anthony square at 5pm.
• The Nut Job 2: Nutty by Nature (U) will be screened at the Don Bosco Oratory, Victoria, today at 5.30pm.
• Fr Marcello Ghirlando will celebrate Mass, including a healing service at St Joseph parish church, Qala, on Tuesday at 6.30pm. An hour-long adoration of the Blessed Sacrament will be held before. All are welcome.
• The annual meeting of prayer for Christian unity, organised by the Legion of Mary, in collaboration with the Gozo diocese and the Anglican community of Gozo, will be held at the Immaculate Conception of Our Lady Sanctuary, Qala, on Wednesday at 4pm. Mgr Joseph Attard and a representative of the Anglican community will address the congregation. The event will consist of readings and prayers. Maltese and foreign residents of all denominations are invited to attend.
• The festivities of St John Bosco at the Don Bosco Oratory will start on Thursday with a conference on St John Bosco by Mgr Rosario Borg at the Oratory chapel at 7.15pm. Everyone is invited. A football tournament for children will be held at the Don Bosco Football Ground on Saturday at 9.30am. A special film show for all children, in collaboration with KRS Releasing Ltd, will be held at the Don Bosco Oratory Cinema on Saturday at 2pm. The film is called Beauty and the Beast.
• Fr Marcello Ghirlando will celebrate a Mass and conduct a healing service at St Anthony church, Għajnsielem, on Friday at 7pm. There will be an adoration of the Blessed Sacrament from 6 to 7pm. All are welcome.
• The diocesan Eucharistic Movement will be holding a prayer evening at the Don Bosco Oratory, Victoria, on Saturday at 8pm, followed by Mass at midnight.
• The Department of Psychology at Gozo General Hospital will be organising a course consisting of seven talks about mental health at the hospital lecture room. The first talk will be held on February 5. Those interested can book by calling 2210 6322, by tomorrow.
CommentsComments powered by Disqus
Do not have an account?Sign Up