• A blood donation session will be held at Gozo General Hospital Outpatients Department today from 8am to 1pm.
• A Way of the Cross will be held from Ta’ Pinu sanctuary to Għammar Hill today at 3.30pm.
• Justice League (12A) will be screened at Don Bosco Oratory, Victoria, today at 5.30pm.
• The Xagħra Catholic Action Drama Group will present a Passion play, Tumas, at the Catholic
Action Centre, Xagħra, today at 6.30pm.
• The Professionals and Graduates Movement of the Gozo Diocese is inviting members of the professions and graduates (including couples and anyone who for one reason or other cannot attend elsewhere) for this year’s Lenten exercises. The talks, by Fr Guardian Joe Buttigieg, OFM Cap., will be held at St Augustine church in Victoria from tomorrow until Friday at 8pm.
• As part of the Valletta 2018 cultural programme, an international music show, Ida Kelarova’s Jazz Famelija, will be organised at the Don Bosco Oratory Theatre in Victoria on Saturday at 7.30pm. The locally-based Organic Choir will also participate in the show. Tickets can be booked online on the Valletta 2018 website.
• A dance show, entitled ‘A Decade of Dance’ by the Gozo’s Centre Stage Dance Academy, will be performed at the Aurora Theatre in Victoria on Saturday at 7.30pm. Directed by Natalie Sciortino, the show will feature over 250 dancers. Tickets are available online or by calling 7920 0483/2156 5620.
• The Diocesan Eucharistic Movement will hold a prayer evening at the Good Shepherd church, Victoria, on Saturday at 8pm, followed by Mass at midnight.
• The Women’s Cancer Gozo Association will be celebrating Woman’s Day by organising two events – a figolli sale and a crafts sale at the Arkadia Commercial Centre on Saturday from 9am to 4pm and an awareness walk from Victoria to Ta’ Pinu Sanctuary next Sunday. Registration starts at 9.30am from near Pope John Paul 11 monument and the walk starts at 10am. A mini bus will be available to take the participants to St John Bosco Oratory where a snack will be offered to all. For more information call Liz on 7797 7910.
• The Lent retreat for members of the Padre Pio prayer groups and other devotees of the saint will be held at Our Lady of Graces Sanctuary, Victoria, next Sunday. Fr Remigio Galea will celebrate Mass at 9am. After a coffee break Fr Alfred Scerri will deliver a talk on St Pio’s virtues. The retreat will end with Padre Pio’s reflections on the Via Crucis. Dinner will be held at the Down Town Hotel, Victoria. All members and devotees are invited to attend.
CommentsComments powered by Disqus
Do not have an account?Sign Up