Schalke are poised to sign Sevilla defender Coke after agreeing a deal with the Europa League winners.
The German club said the 29-year-old would complete the final details of his move today.
After the loss of head coach Unai Emery to Paris St Germain, the deal for Coke also means Sevilla will see their captain depart this summer.
“Schalke have agreed in principle with Sevilla the transfer of right-back Coke to the Royal Blues,” Schalke said on their website.
Fernandes set to join Sampdoria
Bruno Fernandes looks on his way to join Sampdoria after the Blucerchiati struck a deal with Udinese.
The Genoa outfit are set to lose key midfielder Roberto Soriano to Spanish club Villarreal, but have moved quickly to bring in a replacement.
According to Sky Sport, Samp have agreed to pay Udinese €7m for the 21-year-old, who has been in Friuli since 2013.
Fernandes will sign on an initial loan deal for €1m, with the Genoa side then obliged to pay an additional €6m for his permanent signature a year later.
Milner mulling England retirement
James Milner is considering international retirement to clear the way for England’s young talent.
The 30-year-old Liverpool midfielder was part of England’s squad at Euro 2016, his fourth major tournament, but barely featured as England slipped out in the second round under Roy Hodgson.
“Over the last couple of years with the England team I have not really played too much,” Milner said. “With the good young players we have coming through, it is pointless me taking up a spot just because I am reliable.
“I’ve been to four tournaments but if a younger guy had come in and maybe done the same job at Euro 2016, he would have taken a lot more from it than I (did).”
Conte not sure on Costa’s future
Antonio Conte is unable to guarantee if Diego Costa will remain at Chelsea next season, amid reports of interest from his former club Atletico Madrid.
Costa, who signed for Chelsea in 2014, has not featured in either of the club’s preseason games on their US tour so far and Conte insisted this was because of injury.
Conte said: “I speak for today and today Costa is Chelsea’s player. Tomorrow if you ask me if Costa will remain with us, I don’t know.
“I can say that today Costa is a Chelsea player. He didn’t play in these games because of injury and if he solves the injury and I see in training he’s in good shape it can be possible to see him in the next game against Milan. But I can tell you only this.”
Zidane confirms Jese in PSG talks
Real Madrid manager Zinedine Zidane confirmed that forward Jese Rodriguez is in transfer talks with Paris Saint-Germain, while also stating that forward Alvaro Morata will remain with Los Blancos.
Jese had previously been linked with PSG, and was held out of Saturday’s 3-2 win over Chelsea in the International Champions Cup. Zidane said it was because of an impending deal.
“Yes, [Jese] has been speaking to PSG, but there’s nothing official yet, so the idea was not to risk him,” said Zidane in his post-match news conference.
Morata had previously been reported to be a target of Chelsea, but Zidane stated quite clearly that the player isn’t going anywhere.
Gunes not keen on Balotelli swoop
Besiktas coach Senol Gunes has no plans to sign Mario Balotelli, adding he has never heard anything positive about the striker.
The Liverpool forward spent last season on loan with Milan but does not feature in Juergen Klopp’s plans and is again looking for a new club.
A move to the Turkish champions looked a good option for the 25-year-old but Gunes has made it clear he has no intention of bringing Balotelli to Istanbul.
“Balotelli is not part of my plans,” Gunes said. “I don’t have a favourable opinion of him.
“I have never heard anything positive about him.”
Randolph signs new West Ham deal
Goalkeeper Darren Randolph has signed a new four-year contract with West Ham United, the Premier League club said.
The 29-year-old Ireland international, who joined West Ham on a free transfer in 2015, made 15 starts in all competitions last season but is usually second choice behind Spaniard Adrian for manager Slaven Bilic.
“I spoke to the manager and I know we both have the opportunity to work towards that No. 1 position, which was part of the reason I was happy to sign a new contract,” Randolph said.
“It is good to know I have the manager’s backing and it certainly helps my confidence.”
CommentsComments powered by Disqus
Do not have an account?Sign Up