▪ Getting a good deal is not only about price. Negotiating the terms and conditions of the sales agreement is also fundamental.
▪ Any sales conditions agreed upon between the couple and the supplier should be clearly written on the contract of sale.
▪ Paying a deposit is a binding commitment to purchasing a particular product or service.
▪ In change-of-mind situations a deposit may only be recuperated if the terms and conditions of the sales contract allow for such a possibility.
▪ Refunds can only be legally claimed if it is the trader who fails to honour the sales agreement.
Malta Competition and Consumer Affairs Authority
Office for Consumer Affairs
Freephone: 8007 4400
Tel: 2395 2000
Consumer complaints: firstname.lastname@example.org
MCCAA office hours for the public:
Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 12.30pm
European Consumer Centre Malta
(For complaints against traders in other EU states)
47A, South Street,
Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 3pm.
Tel: 2122 1901
CommentsComments powered by Disqus
Do not have an account?Sign Up