▪ It is our responsibility to carefully read contract clauses before signing standard contracts.
▪ Contract clauses that diminish our consumer rights are considered unfair and hence are not legally binding.
▪ No terms can prohibit us from exercising our legal rights when the seller is at fault.
▪ It is prohibited to irrevocably bind consumers to terms which they had no real opportunity of being acquainted with before the conclusion of the contract.
▪ When we are not sure about the meaning of a term we should request a clarification before proceeding with the sale.
Malta Competition and Consumer Affairs Authority
Office for Consumer Affairs
MCCAA office hours for the public:
Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 12.30pm
European Consumer Centre Malta
(For complaints against traders in other EU states)
47A, South Street,
Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 3pm.
Tel: 2122 1901
CommentsComments powered by Disqus
Do not have an account?Sign Up