▪ Before buying an extended warranty we should inform ourselves on the benefits the warranty offers.
▪ Consumers should weigh the cost of the extra guarantee against the cost of replacing the item or repairing it outside the guarantee.
▪ The law provides consumers with free protection in case the goods purchased either turn out to be defective or do not conform to the contract of sale.
▪ Buying an extended warranty is an option and consumers should not be pressured into buying one.
▪ Commercial and extended warranties are legally binding and must be honoured.
Malta Competition and Consumer Affairs Authority
Office for Consumer Affairs
MCCAA office hours for the public:
Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 12.30pm
European Consumer Centre Malta
(For complaints against traders in other EU states)
47A, South Street,
Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 3pm.
Tel: 2122 1901
CommentsComments powered by Disqus
Do not have an account?Sign Up