Economy Minister Chris Cardona on Thursday pointed towards a stalled inquiry when asked if the Prime Minister’s chief of staff Keith Schembri and Tourism Minister Konrad Mizzi should resign in light of the 17 Black revelations.
Replying to questions by Times of Malta, Dr Cardona said he had pronounced himself very clearly on the issue.
Asked to sum up his verdict on the revelations, Dr Cardona asked why he should give such a verdict.
“The verdict will be given ultimately by the conclusions of the inquiry. The Prime Minister was very clear on this”, Dr Cardona said.
When asked if he was referring to the same inquiry that is being stalled by an appeal by the Prime Minister, Dr Cardona said the inquiry was ongoing.
The Economy Minister then lamented the “lies” made against him and the Prime Minister, which he said had not been redressed.
When it was pointed out to him that the Daphne Project had been asking him to sit interview for the past six months, Dr Cardona said the Times of Malta never asked him for such an interview.
The minister said he would have no problem accepting such an interview.
Later in the day, Dr Cardona confirmed he would accept to field questions.
#DaphneProject Apparently @ChrisCardonaMP has finally accepted an interview with @BorgJake from @TheTimesofMalta. In this video, the economy minister is pretending we never asked for an interview before, even if he knows that it's not true. At all. https://t.co/A5zfnbSyOQ— Forbidden Stories (@FbdnStories) November 15, 2018
CommentsComments powered by Disqus
Do not have an account?Sign Up