• A blood donation session will be held at Xewkija District Health Centre today from 8am to 1pm.
• A Dog’s Way Home (PG) will be screened at Don Bosco Oratory, Victoria, today at 5.30pm.
• The Għaqda Drammatika Għajnsielem is organising various activities throughout the Holy Week in collaboration with the Għajnsielem local council. Today, Ta’ Passi fields will be transformed into a village reflecting the time of Jesus’ passion consisting of various biblical characters from 2.30pm. There will also be a performance entitled The Passion: Then and Now at 6pm which will commence with a live re-enactment of the Lord’s Supper at 4pm. A repeat performance of the Passion of Christ will be held on Good Friday at 10.30am. Entrance for these activities is free. There will also be a live cooking station where traditional Passover food will be prepared. This activity will take place on Maundy Thursday from 8.30pm until 11.30pm and the following morning, Good Friday, from 9am to 10.30am.
• Fr Guardian Joe Caruana, OFM will lead the commemoration of the Last Supper at St Anthony church, Għajnsielem, on Maundy Thursday at 7pm. On Good Friday, Fr John Azzopardi, OFM will lead the celebration of the Lord’s Passion at 3.30pm. On Holy Saturday, Fr Marcello Ghirlando, OFM will lead the celebration of the Easter Vigil at 8pm and on Easter Sunday Fr Caruana will celebrate Mass at 11am with the participation of children. After Mass there will be the blessing of figolli.
• Good Friday processions will be held at Qala, today, Sunday, at 6.30pm, St George’s parish, Victoria, on Thursday at 7pm and at the Cathedral in Victoria, Xagħra, Nadur and Żebbuġ on Good Friday at 6pm.
CommentsComments powered by Disqus
Do not have an account?Sign Up