• The feast of Our Lady of Loreto is being celebrated today in Għajnsielem. At 9am, Bishop Mario Grech will lead a pontifical Mass. Capuchin Guardian Fr Joseph Buttigieg will deliver the panegyric. Horse and donkey races will be held at 1.30pm in Mġarr Road. Marches will be performed by the St Joseph and Leone bands at 6.30 and 7.45pm. Archpriest Canon Frankie Bajada will sing vespers at 6.30pm.
The procession will leave the church at 7.30pm and return at 10.30pm. The Leone Band will perform at Our Lady of Loreto Square at 8.30pm. The procession will end with a fireworks display and with the antiphon and sacramental benediction.
The feast will be broadcast on Radju Lauretana (89.3 FM), on www.radjulauretana.com, Xejk TV and F Living. On Tuesday at 7pm Fr Bajada will lead a thanksgiving Mass, after which the statue will be placed in its niche.
• An exhibition by the Buttigieg family, featuring miniature replicas of the statue of Għajnsielem’s patron saint, Our Lady of Loreto, and church ornaments will be open today at Parish Home, Independence Square.
• A family film, Treasure in Malta, will be screened today as part of the Gozo Film Club Festival at St John’s Demi-Bastion, the Citadel, Victoria. The event is free.
• The installation of PAX – The Puzzle that is Peace – will be taking place tomorrow opposite San Lawrenz parish church.
• A blood donation session will be held at Xewkija District Health Centre on Tuesday from 1 to 5pm.
• MUSEUM superior Joe Fenech will be holding a prayer and catechesis meeting at Our Lady of Pompeii church, Victoria, on Thursday from 10 to 11am.
• Film shows at the Oratory Don Bosco, Victoria, start on Saturday with the screening of Hotel Transylvania 3: A Monster Vacation at 4pm and 6pm.
• Activities by the Cultural Council in the Gozo Ministry, with the collaboration of the Arts Council Malta, will include a concert of rock music on Thursday with a number of local artists performing a repertoire of classic rock music at Mġarr harbour.
On Friday, there will be jazz by Charles City Gatt, George Curmi Il-Pusè and international artists. The Gozo Summer Carnival, taking place on Saturday, will feature carnival floats, dance companies and local bands.
A photographic exhibition – Exiled Voices – by Reza – a renowned National Geographic photographer, will be held at the Gozo Ministry in Victoria, which will highlight the experiences and difficulties experienced by illegal immigrants.
The exhibition will also include shots by Maltese photographers Darren Zammit Lupi and Charles Mifsud. The exhibition will remain open until next Sunday.
• The Classic Wine Festival will be back at Nadur for the 16th year, in a three-day celebration of wines, food and live entertainment. Ġnien il-Kunsill garden will be the setting for this event on Friday, Saturday and next Sunday, organised by Emmanuel Delicata Winemaker and Nadur council.
CommentsComments powered by Disqus
Do not have an account?Sign Up