• The Feast of St John Bosco is being celebrated today at the Oratory in Victoria. Gozo Bishop Mario Grech will lead Mass at the Don Bosco Oratory chapel at 9am, with the participation of Chorus Urbanus, followed by the blessing of pets in St Augustine Square. This evening the La Stella Band will play marches from 4.30pm and then it will accompany the statue of St John Bosco during the procession at 5.30pm. The Don Bosco Grand Concert will be held at 7pm. Entrance is free.
• A blood donation session will be held at Xewkija District Health Centre today between 8am and 1pm.
• Today, the residents of San Blas, Nadur, will be celebrating the feast of St Blaise with a march by the Mnarja Band at 9.30am, followed by Mass at 10am.
• The OASI annual bazaar is being held at St Francis Square, Victoria, Monday to Saturday from 8.30am to 12pm and from 4.30 until 7pm.
• The Catholic Action Movement (Gozo) will be holding the Liturgy of the Word at Ta’ Pinu Sanctuary on Saturday. Bishop Mario Grech will present babies to Our Lady at 4pm. Parents, who are encouraged to bring a red candle, will be given a memento at the end of the ceremony.
• The Capuchin Friars will be marking the 150th anniversary of the birth of the Servant of God, Fra Baskal, on February 10. The religious festivities open today with Mass at Żebbuġ parish church at 11am, where Fra Baskal was born. Bishop Mario Grech will celebrate Mass and lead a vigil prayer on Saturday. Fr Provincial Effie Mallia will lead solemn Mass next Sunday, followed by lunch for Fr Baskal devotees.
CommentsComments powered by Disqus
Do not have an account?Sign Up