• Today, Xagħra celebrates the feast of St Anthony the Abbot. Gozo Bishop Mario Grech will celebrate Mass at 9am. The Victory Band will play marches at 10am. The saint’s statue will be taken out of the church at 10.15am to St Anthony Square, where horses will be blessed. A horse défilé will follow in St Joseph and Church streets. Activities will be held in the square at 11am. The procession will leave the parish church at 4.30pm. Mgr Grech will bless animals in the square at 5pm.
• A blood donation session will be held at Xewkija District Health Centre today from 8am to 1pm.
• The Gozo Philatelic Society is holding its annual general meeting at Il-Ħaġar in Victoria today at 9.30am. There will be the distribution of prizes (Malta Post as main sponsors), as well as medals and certificates for all participants in the November’s annual GPS exhibition.
• Johnny English Strikes Again (U) will be screened at Don Bosco Oratory, Victoria, today at 5.30pm.
• The feast of St Francis de Sales, patron saint of journalists and writers, will be marked with Mass celebrated by Gozo Bishop Mario Grech at the church of the Franciscan Sisters, Palm Street, Victoria, on Thursday at 5pm.
• Fr Marcello Ghirlando will celebrate Mass and a healing service at St Anthony church, Għajnsielem, on Friday at 7pm. There will be adoration of the Blessed Sacrament from 6 to 7pm. All are welcome.
• A new council to govern the Gozo NGOs Association for 2019-2021 will be elected during the association’s annual general meeting to be held at the Gozo NGO Centre, Xewkija, on Friday.
• The Oasi Foundation will be organising a Fitness Class by Leo from the Ben Hersey’s Fitness Club of Għajnsielem. All proceeds will go to the foundation. The activity is being held at the Sacred Heart Seminary Fitness Centre in Victoria on Saturday between 1.15pm and 2.15pm. Booking is recommended by calling 2156 3333 during office hours until Thursday.
• The annual conference of the Gozo Diocese Family Commission will be held at Villa Fiorita, Marsalforn, on Saturday between 5pm and 8pm. The theme for this year’s conference is X’ikissirha l-familja? Kif naffrontaw l-isfidi ta’ llum. (What are the causes of family break-ups? How to face today’s life challenges). The key speaker will be Carmen Delicata, a family therapist and lecturer at the Institute of Family Therapy (Malta). A child-minding service will be provided.
• The first Gozo Model Car Association Mega Event for this season is being held at Ta’ Xħajma Track next Sunday. The mega event will consist of two classes, Buggy and Truggy. Qualifications will be held in the morning, while the finals will take place in the afternoon.
CommentsComments powered by Disqus
Do not have an account?Sign Up