• The Capuchin Friars of Victoria celebrate the feast of Our Lady of Graces today. Bishop George Bugeja, OFM, will lead a pontifical concelebrated Mass at 9am, with the participation of the Fjur t’Assisi choir, under the direction of Marita Zammit Cassar. A pilgrimage with the participation of motorcycles and bicycles leaves Ta’ Pinu Sanctuary at 11.30am for the Sanctuary of Our Lady of Graces. On arrival, Fr Guardian Joe Buttigieg, OFM Cap., will bless participants and gifts will be distributed. Nadur archpriest, Mgr Jimmy Xerri, will celebrate Mass at 6pm. A procession with the statue of Our Lady of Graces, led by Fr Massimo Buttigieg and accompanied by the Leone Band under the direction of Mro Colin Attard, starts at 7.15pm. The procession will end with the Ave Maria by soprano Ruth Portelli and the sacramental blessing at 9.30pm.
• A blood donation session will be held at Xewkija District Health Centre today from 8am to 1pm.
• A car boot sale is being organised in aid of the Arka Foundation at the main Marsalforn car park today from 7am. No booking is required for sellers but a €10 donation per car to the foundation will be payable on entrance.
• Rampage (12A) will be screened at the Don Bosco Oratory, Victoria, today at 5.30pm.
• Gozitans may apply for the University of the Third Age (2018/2019 academic programme) at the Care for the Elderly office, Gozo Ministry in Victoria from tomorrow, Monday to Thursday from 9am to 11am. The membership fee, covering October 2018 to June 2019, is €12. Lectures will be held at the Gozo U3A Centre, University Campus, Mgarr Road, Xewkija on Fridays from 9 to 11am. The programme will start on October 12.
• The Kummissjoni Żgħażagħ Fontana, in collaboration with the Fontana parish and the Gozo Ministry, is organising the Fontana Sports Fest, with the theme ‘Let’s embrace mental health’, at the church parvis and garden area from Wednesday to Saturday. Activities will include talks on the subject, games, a fun day for children, a car show, football competitions and a wine festival. Popular bands Novel and Red Eletrick will take part. Entrance is free.
• Independence Day will be celebrated at Independence Square, Victoria, on Friday at 7.30pm. The National and Regional Celebrations Committee within the Gozo Ministry will host a concert by the St Gregory Band of Kerċem and the Visitation Band of Għarb.
• The Qala International Folk Festival, organised by the local council and the Qala Menhir Folk Group, is being held between Friday and next Sunday. Foreign folk groups will also take part.
• ‘Traditions: Wine, Olive Oil and Honey’ is being organised by Għasri council at Pjazza s-Salvatur on Saturday from 7pm. The San Bert Folk Group, Cash & Band and Freddie Portelli will take part.
• The Carmelite Missionary Sisters of St Therese of the Child Jesus will celebrate the feast of St Therese of the Child Jesus in the chapel of the Carmelite Sisters in Kerċem between Saturday and October 1.
CommentsComments powered by Disqus
Do not have an account?Sign Up