• Today, Għasri marks the feast of Christ the Saviour. A ponti-fical concelebrated Mass, led by Gozo Bishop Mario Grech, will take place at 8.30am. The Lauda Sion choir will take part. Horse races will be held in Għasri Street at 3pm. Mgr Franġisk Sultana will lead the procession, accompanied by the Visitation Band at 8.15pm. An evening of music will take place at Għasri parish centre at 10.30pm.
• A blood donation session will be held at the new District Health Centre in Triq tal-Ħamrija, near the Xewkija Primary School, on Tuesday from 1pm to 5pm.
• Young Gozitan baritone Charles Buttiġieġ will be giving a concert, accompanied on the organ by Mro Stephan Camilleri, at Our Lady of Loreto Church, Għajnsielem, on Thursday at 7.30pm. The concert is being organised by the JP2 Foundation. Buttiġieġ was recently admitted to the prestigious Curtis Institute of Music in the US after an audition in Philadelphia.
• The La Stella Philharmonic Society will be holding the fifth edition of the open-air live music concert RockAstra, under the baton of Mro Sigmund Mifsud, in Republic Street, Victoria, on Friday at 9pm.
• The Leone Philharmonic Society will be holding an open-air concert, directed by Mro Colin Attard, at Independence Square (it-Tokk), Victoria, on Saturday at 9pm.
• Bis-Saħħa – a festival of wine, food and live music – organised by Ta’ Klula Foundation, will take place at Santa Luċija’s main square on Saturday from 8pm onwards. Admission is free. For more information call 7955 9518.
CommentsComments powered by Disqus
Do not have an account?Sign Up