• Today, Qala celebrates the feast of St Joseph. A solemn concelebrated Mass presided by Gozo Bishop Mario Grech, with the participation of members of the Cathedral Chapter and the Qala parish clergy, will be held at 9am. Ghajnsielem archpriest Frankie Bajada will deliver the panegyric.
The St Michael Band of Żabbar will play marches at 12pm. Mgr Joseph Attard will lead solemn vespers at 6.30pm. The procession with the saint’s statue, led by Mgr Attard, starts at 7.20pm. The Qala parish clergy, the St Joseph Fraternity and the Ite ad Joseph band, under the direction of Mro Mark Gauci, will take part. The Mnarja Band will give a concert at the main square at 8pm. At the end of the procession there will be a fireworks display.
The religious functions will be transmitted live on the parish community radio Radio Leħen Il-Qala on 106.3 FM stereo and webcasting on www.radjulehenil-qala.com. A thanksgiving Mass will be celebrated by Qala archpriest Fr Ignatius Borg on Wednesday at 7pm.
• A blood donation session will be held at the Xewkija District Health Centre, today between 8am and 1pm.
• Il-Fergħa Ewkaristika (Għawdex) will hold an hour of adoration at Our Lady of Pompeii church, Victoria, on Thursday from 9am to 10am. Rosary will be recited at 8.45am. Everyone is invited.
• The St Mary Philharmonic Society of Żebbug (Gozo) will perform its annual AssumptaFEST near the band club on Wednesday at 8.30pm. The concert will feature excerpts from classical and popular music under the direction of Mro Joseph Grech. Revived historical music works from the archives of the band will also be performed.
• Another special edition of the Malta International Food Festival (Gozo) will be held at Xewkija main square on Friday and Saturday at 6pm. Entrance will be free but patrons will have to buy food tokens. A shuttle service from Mġarr Ferry Terminal to Xewkija Square will be available.