The long disused railway tunnel below Floriana was, as in previous years, the main attraction of the Ġnien ta’ Ġonna event held by Floriana council, during which Floriana's attractions were open for viewing.
Hundreds turned up for guided tours held on the hour.
The 900-metre-long tunnel covered the distance between the main station under what is now Parliament House in Valletta and Portes des Bombes.
It was used between 1883 to 1931 and then utilised as a shelter during the war.
It is now in a dilapidated state, full of debris and used only for underground cables. But remains of the railway still exist, such as two damaged luggage trolleys.
Many also visited the Capuchin Church and Friary , with particular interest being shown in the crypt and cemetery hewn from the rock between 1725 and 1730.
The cemetery is well known for mummified corpses of Capuchin Friars in niches along the walls, of which one survives – that of Brother Crispin, who died in 1867, aged 79 years.