Libyan strongman Khalifa Haftar, who is leading a military offensive against the UN-recognised government in Tripoli, has rejected a ceasefire requested by French President Emmanuel Macron during talks in Paris, an Elysee official said Wednesday.
Hafter said the conditions for halting hostilities "were not met," while acknowledging that a "political dialogue" is needed to end the standoff with his rival, Prime Minister Fayez al-Sarraj, the official said on condition of anonymity.
France had been blamed for backing Haftar before he launched his offensive from the eastern part of the country.
Young mother granted bail after a month behind bars
Aussie Ewan on the double in Giro d'Italia 11th stage
CommentsComments powered by Disqus
Do not have an account?Sign Up