A man in Canada who tried to get rid of a wasp nest inside his house by pouring gasoline over it ended up setting his house on fire instead.

The Ontario resident's plan went up in flames when embers from the fire he ignited fell into the wall frame, Thunder Bay fire fighters told CBC News

A fire crew was forced to remove siding from outside the house and smash through an interior wall in the basement to put out the last of the flames. 

Nobody was stung by a wasp, fire fighters said. 

Independent journalism costs money. Support Times of Malta for the price of a coffee.

Support Us