Vents from the oldest part of the Marsa power station are being dismantled as part of the works to make way for a new distribution centre.
The section, erected in 1953, is completely underground and demolition works, expected to take just a few weeks, are being carried out to remove the vents, which are the only buildings above ground.
The old station will be replaced by a Marsa north distribution centre which will redirect power to reinforce the island's grid.
Independent journalism costs money. Support Times of Malta for the price of a coffee.Support Us