A sketch of the the Garzes Tower, that had been built in 1605 in Mgarr, Gozo, has been discovered by Prof. Arnold Cassola in an old manuscript in Italy.
The hand painted illustration, which goes back to 1611 - only six years after it had been built - appears in the manuscript together with a short description of it.
The Garzes Tower was demolished by the British authorities in the course of the 19th century and no more traces of it remain.
This rare illustration will be the subject of an article by Arnold Cassola in the forthcoming summer issue of Treasures of Malta, published by Fondazzjoni Patrimonju Malti.
CommentsComments powered by Disqus
Do not have an account?Sign Up