This two-storey-building built in 1924 as shown by a scroll at the centre of the roof wall. It served as the quarters for nuns who served as nurses at the ex-British Military Hospital complex of Mtarfa.
It is located at the corners of Triq Dar il-Kaptan and Triq il-Konti F. Theuma Castelletti in Mtarfa and has a façade with a veranda with nine arches supported on pilasters. The central arch has two pilasters on either side.
The first floor is receded with a balustraded terrace.
The western façade also has a veranda at ground floor with five arches and a terrace at first floor supported by four square columns. On each corner is a tower with arches at ground and first floors.
The east and south faces are irregular but both contain verandas, terraces, arches and plain sections.
The building is abandoned and has been vandalised several times.
One of the front rooms has been gutted by fire in more recent times and although the stone suffered some damage the building is otherwise still in a good condition.
What is likely to be a World War II air-raid shelter was uncovered during rock excavations for social housing adjacent to building.
It is possible that this shelter was for the use by the sisters/nurses during air raids.
Mepa scheduled the Sisters' Quarters in Mtarfa as a Grade 2 national monument as per Government Notice number 628/08 in the Government Gazette dated July 12, 2008.