These two fountains are almost identical in design and are placed against the façade of the Order's Conservatorio (the Order's gold and silver depository, later referred to by the British as the Main Guard).
They consist of a head of a bearded male on top of which is an eagle with spread wings and upturned head, both spouting water from their mouths into a stone basin.
This basin is affixed to the wall between two columns with bands at intervals along their shafts. The eagles are made of lead unlike the rest of the fountain architecture and ornaments which are of local stone. Additionally the eagles' heads are turned away from each of the side streets in symmetry to each other.
Above the eagle and between the columns is a drapery with top and side swags which was probably originally intended for an inscription. The bases are flanked on only one side onto the street by a scroll-like ornament in the shape of a dolphin. The whole is crowned by volutes (scroll-like ornaments) supporting the coat-of-arms of Emmanuel de Rohan de Polduc who was Grand Master between 1775-1797.
Mepa scheduled the De Rohan Fountains as Grade 1 national monuments as per Government Notice No. 276/08 in the Government Gazette dated March 28.