Operators in the tourism sector were recognised for their service in the Special Thanks And Recognition (STAR) Awards presentation ceremony organised by the Malta Tourism Authority late yesterday.
The winners were:
* Charles Abela – Restaurant Manager, The Victoria Hotel;
* Francis Apap – Taxi Driver;
* Anna Aquilina – Tourist Guide;
* Anthony Fenech – Coach Driver, Zarb Coaches;
* Paulina Kurowska – Diving Instructor, Paradise Diving Centre;
* Barbara Pucciarmati – Sales Representative, Tours Information;
* Doreen Scicluna – Falconer, Malta Falconary Centre; and
* Sonia Teuma – Front Office, Maria Giovanna Guest House, Gozo.
The Hotel Worker of the Year for 2015 was awarded to Thesesa Taliana from the Pergola Hotel & Spa.
During the ceremony, a recognition award was given to Stuart Burke for his contribution to the tourism sector.
The MTA received almost 7,000 tourist nominations for individuals from all sectors of the tourism industry.
Tourism Minister Edward Zammit Lewis emphasised the importance of offering high quality service with a product to match. He also cautioned against the risks of complacency, mentioning that one cannot rely on past successes, but needs to continue working hard and improving one’s product offer in order to remain competitive.
The MTA CEO, Paul Bugeja, said the tourism industry relies heavily on human resources and these awards aim to recognise those people who are its foundation.
Independent journalism costs money. Support Times of Malta for the price of a coffee.Support Us