A man and a woman were treated for smoke inhalation on Thursday evening after a fire broke out in an apartment overlying a garage at Ta' Paris in Birkirkara.

The blaze was reported at 7.30pm and two fire engines were deployed by the Civil Protection Department.

Firemen accessed the apartment through a balcony after going up a fire-engine ladder.

Officials on the scene said the fire appeared to have started in the kitchen and was quickly brought under control. The cause was not immediately apparent. 

Thursday's incident came three weeks after a man died and two others were injured in an apartment blaze in Msida

Independent journalism costs money. Support Times of Malta for the price of a coffee.

Support Us