• Consumer legislation provides a 14-day withdrawal period for goods or services bought off-premises.
• Consumers must be informed about the right of withdrawal in writing. If not, this right is extended to 12 months or to 14 days after consumers are informed about this right.
• Sales must be cancelled in writing so that consumers have proof that they cancelled within the legal time-limit.
• Any unwanted goods bought off-premises must be collected free of charge by the seller if they cannot be returned by post.
• Unwanted goods should not be used, otherwise the trader may claim compensation for diminished value.
Malta Competition and Consumer Affairs Authority
Office for Consumer Affairs
MCCAA office hours for the public:
Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 12.30pm
European Consumer Centre Malta
(For complaints against traders in other EU states)
47A, South Street,
Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 3pm.
Tel: 2122 1901
CommentsComments powered by Disqus
Do not have an account?Sign Up