▪ Private sales are not regulated by consumer legislation as the latter only covers business-to-consumer transactions.
▪ Buyers of second hand goods from private sellers should ensure that any damages or faults that used products may have are pointed out to them.
▪ Buyers should request to see and inspect the item for sale before concluding the purchase.
▪ When payment is done online, buyers should use a secure payment service that offers the buyer protection.
▪ Too good to be true deals should not be trusted.
Malta Competition and Consumer Affairs Authority
Office for Consumer Affairs
MCCAA office hours for the public:
Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 12.30pm
European Consumer Centre Malta
(For complaints against traders in other EU states)
47A, South Street,
Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 3pm.
Tel: 2122 1901
CommentsComments powered by Disqus
Do not have an account?Sign Up