▪ Before signing a sales contract, it is our responsibility to carefully read and understand what we are agreeing to.
▪ Consumer contracts should be written in simple terms and hence must not be too technical for the average consumer to understand.
▪ If a contract term can be interpreted in different ways, it is the interpretation most favourable to the consumer that prevails.
▪ Unfair contract terms in consumer contracts are not legally binding.
▪ Any unclear contract terms must be discussed and clarified with the seller before signing.
Malta Competition and Consumer Affairs Authority
Office for Consumer Affairs
MCCAA office hours for the public:
Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 12.30pm
European Consumer Centre Malta
(For complaints against traders in other EU states)
47A, South Street,
Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 3pm.
Tel: 2122 1901
CommentsComments powered by Disqus
Do not have an account?Sign Up