• Consumers are entitled to cancel the purchase of a package holiday but may be requested to pay an appropriate termination fee.
• Booked holidays may be cancelled for free when the destination of the holiday is considered a dangerous place.
• The agreed price of a package holiday cannot be increased unless the additional charges are directly related to transport costs, taxes or the exchange rate. However, even in this case the increase in price should not exceed eight per cent of the total price.
• Consumers may opt to cancel a booked holiday if the organiser changes an essential part of the holiday.
• Before buying a package holiday, consumers must ensure that the package organiser has insolvency protection.
Malta Competition and Consumer Affairs Authority
Office for Consumer Affairs
MCCAA office hours for the public:
Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 12.30pm
European Consumer Centre Malta
(For complaints against traders in other EU states)
47A, South Street,
Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 3pm.
Tel: 2122 1901
CommentsComments powered by Disqus
Do not have an account?Sign Up