• Gift vouchers usually come with terms and conditions of use which should be clearly written on them.
• Special attention should be given to the voucher’s expiry date.
• Sellers are not obliged to let consumers use expired vouchers or to replace lost vouchers.
• Ideally a voucher can be used on more than one purchase and not all at one go.
• Once a gift voucher is purchased, its terms and conditions cannot be amended.
• Disputes on the use of gift vouchers may be referred to the Office for Consumer Affairs.
Malta Competition and Consumer Affairs Authority
Office for Consumer Affairs
MCCAA office hours for the public:
Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 12.30pm
European Consumer Centre Malta
(For complaints against traders in other EU states)
47A, South Street,
Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 3pm.
Tel: 2122 1901
CommentsComments powered by Disqus
Do not have an account?Sign Up