▪ In the current extraordinary circumstances where numerous weddings have had to be cancelled or postponed, couples and wedding services suppliers are encouraged to discuss and agree on alternative suitable arrangements.
▪ A booked wedding service should only be cancelled when no agreement is reached on an alternative date.
▪ Before cancelling a service and request a refund, couples are advised to check the terms and conditions of the sales contract in relation to cancellations due to force majeure situations.
▪ Unless clearly specified in the sales contract, the original price agreed to cannot be altered.
▪ Sellers and service providers should be aware that contract terms that create a significant imbalance between the rights and obligations of the contracting parties to the detriment of the consumer are prohibited and not legally binding.
Independent journalism costs money. Support Times of Malta for the price of a coffee.Support Us