▪ Reduced prices do not exempt sellers from their legal obligations.
▪ It is a misconception that reduced prices mean reduced rights.
▪ If goods purchased during the sales period turn out to be faulty, the seller is legally obliged to provide a remedy.
▪ Legal rights apply over and above any return policies that sellers may decide to apply.
▪ Voluntary return policies may change during the sales period, so consumers should always confirm such policies before concluding a sale.
▪ Sellers are obliged to indicate the final selling price and not just the sales percentage.
Malta Competition and Consumer Affairs Authority
Office for Consumer Affairs
Freephone: 8007 4400
Tel: 2395 2000
Consumer complaints: email@example.com
MCCAA office hours for the public:
Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 12.30pm
European Consumer Centre Malta
(For complaints against traders in other EU states)
47A, South Street,
Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 3pm.
Tel: 2122 1901
CommentsComments powered by Disqus
Do not have an account?Sign Up