▪ The consumer must shop around and compare prices to make sure that they get the best value for their money.
▪ Traders are legally obliged to clearly indicate with a price the products offered for sale.
▪ Appropriate price indication ensures that consumers can compare prices between different brands and also with other outlets when they are shopping.
▪ The price indicated must be the final price charged at the cash point.
▪ When the sales are on sellers cannot simply display the percentage discount but they must also indicate the final selling price.
Malta Competition and Consumer Affairs Authority
Office for Consumer Affairs
MCCAA office hours for the public:
Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 12.30pm
European Consumer Centre Malta
(For complaints against traders in other EU states)
47A, South Street,
Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 3pm.
Tel: 2122 1901
CommentsComments powered by Disqus
Do not have an account?Sign Up