▪ A lifetime guarantee may not include everything consumers think that it includes.
▪ To know what a lifetime guarantee includes, consumers should request the seller to provide them with the guarantee’s terms and conditions.
▪ Consumers should check whether the lifetime guarantee refers to the product’s life or the consumer’s. Usually it refers to the number of years the product is reasonably expected to last.
▪ Promised commercial guarantees must always be provided in writing to consumers.
▪ Advertised commercial guarantees are legally binding even if not mentioned in the contract of sale.
Malta Competition and Consumer Affairs Authority
Office for Consumer Affairs
MCCAA office hours for the public:
Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 12.30pm
European Consumer Centre Malta
(For complaints against traders in other EU states)
47A, South Street,
Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 3pm.
Tel: 2122 1901