A woman in Connecticut was severely injured on Thursday night when she mistook a stick of dynamite for a candle and lit it during a power cut.

The 30-year-old had bought her house two years ago and spotted what she thought were candles left behind by previous owners in the basement, according to NBC. 

When thunderstorms knocked out electricity supply on Thursday night, she fetched a stick and lit it. The explosion caused her severe injuries to her face and hand, police said.

Police who subsequently searched the home found another stick of dynamite, which was confiscated and safely detonated.

Comments

Comments not loading?

We recommend using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.

Comments powered by Disqus