A man and a woman was hospitalised after suffering smoke inhalation in a blaze at her Msida apartment on Monday afternoon.

The incident happened at Triq Garcin at 3pm in an apartment two floors above a childcare centre. 

The woman, 69, and the man, 40 was helped out of her second-floor residence by fire-fighters of the Civil Protection Department.

Nearby properties, including the childcare centre, were evacuated as a precaution.

Independent journalism costs money. Support Times of Malta for the price of a coffee.

Support Us