Make your next move a significant one
A reputed group of companies, active in the importation and distribution of home products, electrical appliances, cosmetics and beauty products, having different outlets across Mauritius, is seeking to recruit a dynamic Accountant who will overlook at all financial and accounting aspects of the business.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the accounting, procurement, credit control, IT, legal, tax, and treasury
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company's risk profile
- Monitor legal issues involving the company and affecting the industry
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies
- Review all month-end closing activities including general ledger maintenance, balance sheet reconciliations and overhead costs
- Ensure analytical comments on key variances and indicators are concisely reported
- Ensure the tax computations are properly performed as per local tax laws & coordinate proper filing of returns
- Oversee the cash flow, capital & treasury requirements of the company taking into consideration risk & liquidity
- Optimise financing resources through effective treasury cash forecasting and management
- Monitor cash balances and arrange for debt financing
- Monitor the company foreign exchange exposure and take necessary actions accordingly
- Responsible for monitoring of company performance in line with budget and develop strategies for cost optimisation
- Ensure that a sound internal control system is put in place and optimise the company’s credit line facilities
- Develop and analyse the Key Performance Indicators which are reported on monthly dashboard
- Oversee the procurement process and all purchasing and ensure adequate controls Administration
- Ensure proper and timely renewal of general and motor insurances
- Check and approve reasonableness of monthly payroll
- Ensure that an effective system of credit control is in place.
Qualifications and Experience
- ACCA partly Qualified or degree in finance
- At least 5 years working experience
- Good understanding of Oracle & Net Suite accounting softwares.
- Ability to do forecast & budget financial modelling
- Ability to analyze financial information and provide insight into the organisational operations.
- Good written & communication skills
- Able to make presentations during management, finance, staff, committee and board meetings
- Applies logic and common sense in making decisions
- Team spirit, trust and collaboration
Find more Jobs in Mauritius
Do not have an account?Sign Up