Make your next move a significant one
Backend Software Engineer (PHP)
Innovative sports and entertainment company utilizing Blockchain Technology is looking to recruit a backend guru to join the team of talented engineers that share a common interest in distributed backend systems, their scalability and continued development. You will be part of the team responsible for building the systems that power company's platform. While this is an individual contributor role, as a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional agile team, you’ll be involved in many aspects, helping evolve our existing architecture and implementing new features and functionality.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Build robust and scalable software.
- Develop, deploy and operate PHP written microservices.
- Build server-side REST APIs.
- Help improve our code quality by writing unit tests, automation tests, following the SOLID and DRY principles and performing code reviews.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute ideas to our technology, algorithms and products.
PostgreSQL / Amazon DynamoDB
Blockchain / Ethereum
PHP 7.1 / Symfony 4
NodeJS / TypeScript
Source control: Git / Gitlab
Who we think will be a great fit…
We’re looking for someone who is self-driven, eager to learn new things with a proactive approach to work. You are passionate either about Sports or Blockchain, perhaps even about both of them. And you want to work with smart people and have fun building something great.You also meet most (if not more) of the following requirements:
- You have effective communication skills, a positive attitude, and ability to receive constructive feedback.
- You have at least 3 years of recent hands-on coding and software design in backend development.
- You have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in a related field, or an intriguing reason for not having one.
- You are willing to face any problem and try to solve it in the best of your knowledge.
- You find satisfaction in a job well done, you care about quality and you know what it means to ship high quality code.
- You have a good knowledge, or you want to learn the following areas: system design, algorithm, design pattern, data structure, API, caching strategies.
- You have the willingness to learn new technologies, but you have experience with PHP, Symfony (or any modern PHP framework) and relational SQL databases.
- You have excellent writing and communication skills in the English language
You will be working in one of Malta’s most spectacular offices with iconic views of Valletta at the heart of Gzira and minutes away from the shopping and entertainment hub of the island.
Do not have an account?Sign Up