Make your next move a significant one
Head of Securities and Markets Supervision
About Securities and Markets Supervision
The Securities and Markets Supervision section is responsible for supervising investment services license holders, collective investment schemes, regulated markets, central securities depositories, financial and non-financial entities falling under the scope of EMIR and recognised private collective investment schemes, registered tied agents and recognised administrators. The function is also responsible for the regulation and oversight of activities in capital markets including the processing of applications for admissibility to listing on Regulated Markets, the processing of notifications in terms of the Securitisation Act, the supervision of the continuing obligations of Listed Companies on Regulated Markets in Malta, the supervision of the markets to identify any market abuse and to carry out any appropriate reviews where applicable.
Within this role you will be leading and managing the Securities & Markets Supervision function and ensuring that supervision is conducted in a thorough, timely and efficient manner. Duties will include:
- Ensuring the appropriate distribution of work tasks and the achievement of the set KPIs for individuals as well as the team;
- Coordinating and liaising with the respective regulatory and management departments and other areas of the MFSA;
- Leading, guiding, mentoring and supporting managerial staff, analysts and support staff within the department;
- Assisting staff with developing their supervisory analytical skills;
- Dealing with issues relating to the affairs of the department;
- Participating in recruitment, staff training, and performance appraisal processes;
- Preparing budgets for the department;
- Maintaining policies and procedures relating to the department;
- Representing the department and the Authority and participating in local and international fora on any issues relating to the Securities and Markets Supervision function;
- Handling any other duties as assigned by the Director General and as dependent on the exigencies of the Authority.
We are looking for candidates with solid academic background in Financial Services, Accountancy, Law, or in another related finance areas. You will need to have academic qualification/s in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level.
Candidates will also be required to demonstrate in depth knowledge of regulatory requirements applicable to the financial sector, with a proven level of managerial skills and the personality required to supervise and manage staff, as well as proven ability to delegate tasks.
Soft Skills Required
- Strategic thinking
- Deadline driven
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent leadership and managerial skills
- Ability to listen actively and to work on one’s initiative
- A high degree of self-confidence
- Great negotiation skills
- Assertive and influential qualities.
Do not have an account?Sign Up