Make your next move a significant one
<div>Technology is at the core of the knowledge-based organisation. It enables MFSA's strategic and operational objectives to be achieved efficiently and effectively. <br />The Technology team leverages cutting-edge technology, industry standards and methodologies to provide reliable services to the rest of the organisation and the financial services sectors interacting with the Authority electronically. It is responsible for technology design, information security, development, integration and delivery of all information and communications infrastructure, platforms and services, working with technology vendors and partners. <br />The Technology team is made up of professionals specialised in relevant areas that include governance and planning, infrastructure and service management, information systems, and security. Officials from Technology also participate and give their contribution in several European committees, expert groups and industry fora.</div>
The selected candidate will undertake duties in relation to systems analysis and software development using workflow management tools such as Microsoft SharePoint. The job involves direct interaction with the technical team and designated business users. The primary duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Involvement in the entire SDLC;
- Creation and maintenance of web applications and other information systems deployed within the MFSA using modern technologies;
- Implementation of SharePoint-based workflows;
- Systems Analysis and System Design;
- Writing and maintaining functional specifications and system documentation;
- Providing technical support/training to internal and external users in the use of websites and other information systems deployed within the MFSA;
- Assist in other tasks as directed by the Team Leader.
We are looking for candidates with solid academic background in ICT but well versed in software development.
The role calls for a Bachelor’s Degree or another academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level.
Software Development certification(s) would be considered an asset.
You will also possess a minimum of two (2) years working in the area of .NET software development and/or Microsoft SharePoint development. Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred.
If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least seven (7) years of relevant experience, we would still be interested in speaking with you.
The role also calls for experience in:
- Skills in developing secure, interactive websites using modern frameworks;
- Knowledge of the following technologies: C# MVC.NET; Web Services (SOAP/Rest); Git Source Control; Microsoft SharePoint 2016+; and Microsoft SQL Server (T-SQL);
Knowledge in software development methodologies like Agile and Scrum for software delivery, bug tracking systems, and team collaboration software such as JIRA and Confluence and their use would be considered an asset.
Do not have an account?Sign Up